Details of the programme for the 5th International Conference on Carbon Accounting on the theme ‘Towards Rules and Tools for Carbon Accounting for Scotland‘ are now public and registration is open.
The event, which will take place on 13 March 2013, will be a milestone in the path towards a unified process and methods for carbon accounting in Scotland.
Sessions already confirmed are as follows:
- Welcome on behalf of ICARB with Sarah Boyack MSP and Sue Roaf, Heriot-Watt University.
- ‘The harmonised method’ keynote with Garvin Heath, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Denver.
- ‘Reliable data sources for energy accounting’ with Angela Druckman, RESOLVE, University of Surrey.
- ‘Grid energy factors’ with Adam Hawkes, Imperial College London.
- Rules and Tools for Carbon Accounting discussion Chaired by Gareth Harrison, University of Edinburgh.
- Lunchtime poster display and exhibition.
- Afternoon workshops in parallel: Inter and Cross Sectoral Accounting Challenges, including land-use, tourism, power generation and buildings.
- Closing talk with Daniel Hinze, Scottish Government: ‘Towards a unified method for carbon accounting in Scotland.
Standard tickets are now available at www.icarbconference.org where exhibitors can also register to have a promotional stall or display at the Conference.
ICARB is also offering a limited number of reduced price student and volunteer tickets. Please contact us with details of your situation to apply.
The full programme will be sent to registered attendees in February 2013, and you can keep up-to-date with the latest announcements by following us on Twitter.